Wednesday, 30 April 2014

A New Me

     Well, I know I'm probably writing this to myself since nobody ever comes on to this blog any more. I mean seriously, who would, it was always a school blog and was never really used for anything else. It's been about two year since I've been on this blog and in that year I guess I've made a lot of new friends and have ditched others. I've  moved from Singapore to San Fran and the last time I saw this place was when I was eight. Right now it's about 11:24 pm and I'm thinking about a lot of different things. School is just one of the many examples; we have recently have a test in math and I feel like I'm flunking, English isn't going so well and my Mandarin has gone from bad to worse. We just had an project due in science and it was pretty easy but it also depended on what you chose to invent. Kaitlyn and I chose to invent The Date Stampler. The Date Stampler is an invention that not only staples papers together but also stamps the date on the same time. PE, like usual is probably the easiest subject; let's face it, it has always been. I recently have joined the track team, I've set personally bests in high jump, 4 feet 4 inches and hope to jump higher. I came in third last meet for high jump and discus, I threw 47 feet 7 inches. I've also joined a volleyball team, it has helped me throughout my time and adjustments and has really shown me that first impressions are often very important. In track i also ran the mile relay which means that four people run 400 meters. We came in last with a time of 5:42 all together, but it wasn't that bad considering that it was our first time as a tea running anything and our first time running the 400 meters. In PE we are learning self defense which I think is quite strange but as they say, "'Safety first!'". Another subject that is quite strange is History, the teacher has sooo many stories to talk about and I swear she makes half of them up. he philosophy I that with her crazy stories that we will remember the history behind them; I have to admit it has worked, we have been learning about the Aztecs and the Maya's and to be honest the Aztecs are the weirdest people, they made so many human scarifies that the steps to one of their temples is stained red from the blood. In English we are taking a test, it's much harder than the scan tron that they normally give us and I don't know if I should say this  but possibly harder than the MAPS. It' called the common core testing and all our teachers are telling us to do our best but honestly if it doesn't count I've never seen the reason why we should do our best. I still am playing the flute and this year, and we went to Disney Land, I had a lot of fun and our concerts are always the best. W have two more concert in this year, one of them we are playing Joyant Winds which is a happy up beat song and Air for Band that is more a slow graceful piece. Well there's sooooo much more happening in my life but just in case someone was going to read this post I'm now going to shut up. 



Let's just say pictures are an easier way a expressing feeling and moments that are important, so here is what I have been up to this year and what are the moments that have made me smile and I will never forget. 



Disney Land and my new friends:







The school volleyball team: (more people just not in this picture)




When I saw Mady, Breann, and crazy Lindsay after we all moved away from Singapore:



MVVC president's day volleyball tournament:


Oz's bar mitzvah:


Our first cross country meet:



When we all posted for a random picture one random day after school:









No comments:

Post a Comment